More Than a Building On September 25, 1955, forty-three persons banded together in Christian love to organize North Christian Church. On September 2, 1962 and the congregation held a groundbreaking ceremony. The first worship service in the new church took place on March 8, 1964. On July 16th, 2022 the congregation held a final “Celebration of Life” service and closed the church.
While Eero Saarinen’s architectural masterpiece became an important part of our story, it’s not the whole story. We will be shutting this website down soon and creating a legacy website dedicated to the vision, history, and ministry of the congregation of North Christian Church.
Note to visitors: The church is permanently closed and no longer allowing tours of the building.